Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Royally Pissed!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As most of you know...I love to research and listen to music very much...I could be called a slight fanatic...for most of my research I use the web...and CDNOW.com was my favorite source for finding cd's, I had even bought several cd's from them...I loved how it was set up...you can search for an artist and a list of related artist would come up...pick the one you want and a list of all of their cd's is then brought up...under some of the listed cd's (if the cd was good) it will have a BEST OF ARTIST, BEST OF GENRE, etc... telling you the cd is good and which is the best one to get...once you enter the cd you wanted to see...you could sample every song!...not 3 or 4 like shitty amazon has...and the page would often offer 1 review...which was normally a very informative one...but as I went to CDNOW.com yesterday I was horrified to find out that they had combined with amazon!...not amazon!...I hate that fucking place...when you search for artist it is awfully hard to get a list of just that artist's cd's it has all kinds of bullshit mixed in there...and it is listed 10 per page...if you search for someone with 3 cd's you shouldn't have 60 something results to cifer through...then once you finally find what you are looking for...there is only like 3 or 4 samples if any at all...and alot of the times the 3 or 4 don't even work...and amazon does offer user's reviews with a rating system...but I don't know if that is a good thing...you get all these idiots wanting to give 5 fucking stars to a piece of shit album because they like the guy or think he is cute...her is an example..."This album is tight, got Khayree on beats and Ray Luv spits the potent pimp that can't be touched. Features the Link Crew, Young Dre, and Thug Life. GET IT! And Ray's new one Coup D Etat."...that is an actual review...how can I understand any of that...much less take it for a referral...I am truly sad that this has happened to CDNOW...I loved that site and hated amazon...but I guess that is big business...
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You should take out a loan and buy them back. then you could make it back to the way it was.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i know you really like that site, ek3.
    i'm sorry things happened that way.

    i know that my advice may not be as good as CDNOW.com
    but what i do is go to the yahoo home page,
    click on SHOPPING, then MUSIC and then enter
    an artist in the search box.
    this brings up all the available CDs and you
    can even sample. doing this also lists other
    artists that have a similar sound plus it lists
    other CDs purchased by those purchasing the
    artist you are currently viewing.

    i have tested this many times.
    almost all of the songs have samples, and the
    related artists are congruent.

    you can try it here: YAHOO MUSIC SHOPPING

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I gave it 2 tries...neither worked...but I guess it could be as good as amazon...thanks...

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wtf do you mean 'neither worked'?????

    are you that dejected???

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been using the yahoo page you gave me and I have been having pretty good luck...the searches don't bring up near as much crap as amazon does which is good...and most of the cd's have samples for every song...I like it...although I liked cdnow better...this is a suitable replacement...thanks... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •